New Business Prospects

I'm always fond of new beginnings

Always embracing change

F Å Ç Å D E (upcoming project line, TBA January 2015)
I feel I can only be completely honest in order to move forward and leave all things in the past, truly behind me. I did not surpass a healthy nor fruitful relationship with my most recent employer and as a result, my part-time passion almost ultimately is turning into my full-time dream.

(As a teenager) 

When asked for my four-year plan following graduating university during job interviews and aptitude tests, I remember vaguely mentioning that I wanted to start my own business at 24. I don’t even know how the thought even came to fruition – it was easily glossed over and forgotten as I went to college, applied for an internship, worked a full-time job for a while… and this led me back to my inner realization – I should actually start running my own business. Given I know what I don’t want to do in my industry of choice, I feel much more relieved and self-motivated to wake up every day and know there is a different venture to plan for. Marketing, operations, manufacturing, budgeting, collaborators, advisory board – these are all such stages I must go through thoroughly step by step to ensure I make the conscious effort to carry out this dream realistically. I have been known to be a big dreamer with often unrealistic goals and mindsets, but I’m learning to be patient while reaching out to the right types of people this time round.

Before changing lanes onto this path, I asked many of those close to me for current life advice and what I should see fit, moving forward. 95% of my friends and fam were fully supportive of my decision and although it is a different idea to overcome – considering I am not making an immediate income right away, I feel like the investment in time and energy will be well worth it especially if I budget everything wisely. My parents have been a little more critical – challenging my current life habits of time management, prioritizing, budgeting, and financial management but I feel if you have a purposeful meaning behind everything you do, the positive outcomes will reenact new habits.

I can go on and on and reiterate on how much I wish I took more financial strategizing and business planning courses in university – but in the end, it’s not what I’m enrolled in but how much I’m absorbing from what I choose to learn about – and I’m making really active choices to listen to others now with their advice on how to manage money safely and securely.

I like coming up with big ideas but I am more adventurous when it comes to collaborations and making others shine in my prospects as well. I used to never like sharing my ideas unless asked to contribute to a larger cause, but I feel like I should be the bigger person creating the causes and the cause for action.

I am picky when it comes to the people I work with 

- especially in an industry combining the creatives. Many superiors will try to undermine you, steal from you, and/or belittle you at no additional cost or expense. I have always been independent, free to think on my own time and pace but I am extremely grateful when I get to meet like-minded individuals and other creatives who respectfully can work on the same level.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Check out my new blog look! Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin for all my updated posts!

Stay Updated

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

About

Delicate & Demure is the official blog of Emilie Wong featuring stories of personal growth, culinary adventures, and travel experiences.

More to come soon...